[SIPForum-discussion] Network Elements of SIP

Ashoke Kumar Ghosh ashoke.k.ghosh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:28:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have recently joined this group and going through the discussions from various members. In our organization, SIP based application server has been installed and I am working on the same. Basically this protocol is new to me and I am trying to learn this protocol with various network elements associated with it.

Can somebody guide me with the following informations.

1. What are the various network components and what are their functions.
2. What are the messages exchanged between these network elements under various conditions.
3. Does SIP provide any method to mentain dialog between two remote ends for one transaction like TCAP layer of SS7 protocol.

If anybody can suggest suitable document for these that also would be helpful to me.

Best Regards..

Ashoke Kumar Ghosh
Email: ashoke.k.ghosh at gmail.com