[SIPForum-discussion] Wants to install IPPBX in asterisk

Ramesh Chauhan chauhan_delhi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 19:40:58 UTC 2007

Hi All,

This is my first mail on the forum and I am also new in ASTERISK.

We have two Cisco call Managers in our organization. Both are connected via tunnel and some extensions are configured on both the CallManagers.

Now we want to configure one IPPBX in Asterisk which will have some extensions and also it will have one E1 card to make outgoing local calls and to receive incoming calls.
  We will also connect our Asterisk box to CiscoCallManager to dial existing extensions on CiscoCallManager and to receive calls on Asterisk's extensions and also to make ISD calls.

We will connect 1 Audiocode(MP124 FXS) to connect analog phones to the Asterisk Box, also we will use Soft Phone to login in asterisk Box.

In total Asterisk box will have 300 users, and CiscoCallManager is having 200 users.

My questions are:
1. Will Asterisk handle that number of users and calls ?
2. Some guys are suggesting me that with Asterisk you will have voice quality issue if connect more than 10-15 simultaneous calls.

Can Anyone suggest me what to do. Should we use asterisk or not ????

  regards
  chauhan