[SIPForum-discussion] Quintum Gateway not sending 180 Ringing

Ngwenya Mfanasibili NgwenyaM at sentech.co.za
Tue Sep 11 12:14:01 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am connecting from Verso (C4 and C5) platform to Quintum Gateway. I make a
call and do not get a ringback from Quintum Gateway. I took traces and they
show that after "100 Trying Message", it goes straight to "200 OK" or
sometimes to "183 Session Progress". I do not have access to the Quintum
Gateway as another person is doing the configuration on the other side. In a
nutshell, what causes a SIP Server not to send a "180 ringing message".

Regards
Mfana

DISCLAIMER: The content of the E-Mail, which may include one or more attachments, is strictly confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). If you have received this E-Mail in error, you are not permitted to and must not disclose, distribute, or retain it, and are requested to please notify the sender immediately by return E-Mail and delete it thereafter.

No Employee or intermediary is authorised to conclude a binding agreement on behalf of Sentech LTD by E-Mail without express written confirmation by a duly authorised representative of Sentech. The use or contents of this E-Mail is intended for Sentech's business. If it is used for any other purpose, the views expressed are those of the sender and no liability will attach to Sentech.