[SIPForum-discussion] the difference of proxies, user agent servers, redirect servers, and registrars?

mark lee gogofly_lee at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Sep 11 08:10:43 UTC 2007

Hello,everyone,
  When I'm reading RFC3261, the sever define as following at section 6:
  Server: A server is a network element that receives requests in
           order to service them and sends back responses to those
           requests.  Examples of servers are proxies, user agent servers,
           redirect servers, and registrars.

    Could you tell me what's difference of proxies, user agent servers,redirect servers, and registrars?

  Thanks advance.
  Mark