[SIPForum-discussion] Query regarding RTP/AVP Media Profiles

erol turac erolturac at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:23:03 UTC 2007

a-line in the sdp is an optional field and fmtp is a a-line attribute which
points any specific media attribute.
for example, you can use fmtp as a media attribute to negotiate media
parameters for dtmf.

annex-b is just a variation of G729 codec with Voice Activity Detection and
Comfort Noise Generation support.
The interoperability between G729 B variations ;

G.729 Annex-B and G.729A Annex-B

G.729 Annex-B and G.729 Annex-B

G.729A Annex-B and G.729A Annex-B
If initial invite is only support G729 Annexb, you should response it 1 of
the codecs above.

your sdp seems fine. You can try to remove t38 parameter from the initial
invite. This causes problem for many products in the market.

Rgrds,