[SIPForum-discussion] Request timeouts

Anthony Orlando avorlando at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 12:53:55 UTC 2007

All,
  I have a question that I can't find an answer for in
any RFC etc.  My question is as follows.

I have a S-CSCF that has done a DNS query for an
application server pair that runs in an active standby
mode.  I am returned an address for two application
servers with priority 1 for primary and 100 for
secondary.  A call is established on AS1 then is
failed.  AS2 becomes active.  When the phone is hung
up it sends BYE messages from the S-CSCF to AS1 for
five minutes before he tries the secondary.  Obviously
this is too long.  Can anyone reference an RFC that
covers this?  Thoughts or feelings are also welcome.