[SIPForum-discussion] security testing

Thomas Maufer tmaufer at musecurity.com
Wed Oct 10 15:46:55 UTC 2007

Apologies for the shameless plug.

My company makes the Mu-4000 Security Analyzer that (among other things) has
about 2,000,000 deeply stateful test cases designed to expose protocol
implementation flaws. We can deliver those 2 million test cases over any of
5 transports (UDP, TCP, SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1). Early next year, all those
will work over IPv6, making 10 different "transport stacks" for SIP. We also
support some IMS options that can affect our SIP test cases.

The analyzer is highly automated and can monitor the target any way you
like. The analyzer also does response-time profiles for how the invalid test
cases we are sending affects the target's ability to respond to valid
traffic.

We have participated in SIPit events for the last year or so (see you in
Beijing?) and after next week will have participated in all three IMS
Plugfests (so far!). CT Labs uses the product as well, in their VoIP testing
facility.

Cheers,
~tom