[SIPForum-discussion] sips message in ethereal

badal naik kunusan at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 08:54:46 UTC 2007

If you have ethereal Installed in your system, u can
follow below instructions, if dont know how to capture
the packet.

1.Open The ethereal.
2.Click capture from the main menu.
3.Click Options.
4.In Options, Set the interface upon which you want to
receive the packets.Basically it will be an ethernet
card.

5. Then Initiate ur SIP activity.And see the contents
in Ethereal Tool.
6. In ethereal, there will be one filter.Type there
SIP and click Apply.
Save this as .cab file if u want to save the file.
For more details u can follow ethereal guidelines
available at their URL.

Others:

Analyzer for win32.
Sniffer(Sniffer technology)
Etherpeek(From Wildpackets)

Have not used any of them except ethereal.
May be if u wish can do an R&D.

Thanks
Badal Naik