[SIPForum-discussion] specific case with a=inactive

Joerg Scholz j.scholz at teles.de
Mon Oct 1 16:58:09 UTC 2007

Hello everybody,

I have a quick question related to the SDP signaling behavior in a specific
hold case. My scenario is the following:

Incoming Re-invite of an established voice call with the following content
of SDP:

            c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0

            a=inactive

In the 200ok I confirm the attribute line:

            a=inactive

and the call is hold - everything ok.

Later on comes another Re-invite without SDP for the same call. Now my
question, if I answer in the 200ok for that Re-invite with SDP do I have to
repeat also the:

            a=inactive

attribute or do I send now my SDP again with

            a=sendrecv

Thanks and Best regards

Joerg