[SIPForum-discussion] About add a new SIP header

Nittin Dutt Nittin.Dutt at csr.com
Wed Nov 28 10:07:37 UTC 2007

Any Server/Proxy would pass it on a header it does not understand.
Simply because it is hard for a SIP server to keep up with the
developments in SIP, new headers etc., so as a basic principle they pass
on what they don't understand. However if your message pass though some
SIP gateways then your proprietary header will be lost e.g., in scenario
of SIP-SS7-SIP.

-Nittin Dutt