[SIPForum-discussion] SIP using NAT

Wu, Yu Fei (Mike) yufeiwu at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Nov 23 03:13:27 UTC 2007

John,

To solve it at IP level, If your NAT translator has a fixed external IP
address then you can configure port mapping on it and use the external
IP as the server address. If not, you can try dynamic domain or sth.
This also requires the server to support configuration of external IP
(STUN or so).

To solve it at SIP level, you might wanna take a look at TURN and ICE.
If your SIP phones or servers don't support these, you will need an SBC.

Mike