[SIPForum-discussion] Converting anolag to digital signaling

aditya kumar adityaakumar at hotmail.com
Tue May 22 07:40:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

I want to convert one existing landline(PSTN) phone to IP phone with Asterisk .Already lab setup is done for IP phone.As, per my limited knowledge MGCP/MEGACO can transalte PSTN signaling to IP N/W and also there are some other hardwares which are converting ananlog phone to digital IP phone.

Exactly I want the following call flow:-

Calling from one analog hardphone--convert signal(A/D)---->IP soft phone------Asterisk------------->convert signal(D/A)------->analog hard phone

Can anybody please suggest me on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Adi