[SIPForum-discussion] Different Scenarios in SIP Over NAT

Roval, Ofir (Ofir) roval at avaya.com
Thu May 17 07:22:45 UTC 2007

Hi Deepak,
My suggestion is to setup few environments that simulate few NAT types:
Full Cone, Restricted Cone and Symmetric.
Start by testing a simple full call flow from a SIP UA behind each of
the NAT types, examine both the signaling and media streams.
Another basic test is to register a SIP UA behind each of the NAT types,
after registration verify that this UA can receive incoming calls
addressed to its AOR.
I suggest to run the tests using both UDP and TCP as the SIP network
layer.

Ofir Roval
Avaya

  _____