[SIPForum-discussion] Re :Re: Transport Mechanism in SIP

sunitha sunitham.2007 at rediffmail.com
Tue May 15 06:33:43 UTC 2007

Hi,Actually in SIP message transmission v use UDP.....When the message exceeds 1300 bytes,it will switch from UDP to TCP.....As v know in registration v have many authentication parameters ...it exceeds 1300 byte hence it uses TCP for transporting the messages.....Hope thats clear...Thanks,A.M.SunithaOn Mon, 14 May 2007 21:27:17 +0800 alexzhang at gdnt.com.cn wrote            The SIP signalling can be transfered   thru stack as [ TLS ]/SCTP/IP, or [ TLS   ]/TCP/IP.  The Voice data can be transfered   thru stack as  RTP/UDP/IP.     -- A l e   x         From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org   [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of praveen   subbaraoSent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 3:03 PMTo:   discussion at sipforum.orgSubject: [SIPForum-discussion] Transport   Mechanism in SIP    Hi All,I am working on SIP & wanted to know what mechanism is   used for transporting SIP Messages. Because, it uses TCP for REGISTER &   200OK.It uses UDP for all other SIP Messages. I wanted to know....... What   is the Standard practice?? TCP or UDP for teansporting SIP   Messages.Regards,Praveen