[SIPForum-discussion] Help required

Taduru Hariprasad hariprasad.taduru at gmail.com
Thu May 3 11:36:40 UTC 2007

Hi man,

This feature called as Ring Back tone. If A is calling B, A will here
a song instead of asusual tring tring tone. This is completely the
Network feature.

In Sip this will happen as follow:

UA1 <--> Proxy1 <--> Proxy2 <--> UA2

Assume User Agent 1 calls UA2. A 180-Ringing message will be formed
along with the media which need to be played as a Ring Back tone to
UA1.
This configuration would have been done in SIP network.
Playing these tones taken care by Media cards in the UA1.

And in SS7 signalling, MSC will take care in playing the ring back tones.

Regards
Hariprasad