[SIPForum-discussion] Issue in Initiation/Termination of callwithDe-Registered User

santosh patra skp10_9559 at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 3 05:00:36 UTC 2007

Hello Robert

I am totally agree that Dialog for BYE will be same as in INVITE.
In Case B2BUA SIP server, What will happen, Can you please explain?

----- Original Message ----
To: Srinivas . <nsrinivas at techmahindra.com>
Cc: William Prusty <williamp at techmahindra.com>; santosh patra <skp10_9559 at yahoo.co.in>; discussion at sipforum.org
Sent: Wednesday, 2 May, 2007 9:16:56 PM
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Issue in Initiation/Termination of callwithDe-Registered User

Srinivas is correct - the formation of the routing of the BYE request has _nothing_ to do with A's registration state.It is determined entirely by the dialog state that was established through the INVITE.

For everyone: I realize there's a lot to read in the SIP specifications, and that some of it isn't as clear as we all hope to make it,
but answers to this question and several others recently asked _are_ actually clearly described and easy to find.

_Please_ take the time to read at least RFC3261 before posting. It does a good job of describing the big-picture mechanics.

RjS

On May 2, 2007, at 5:54 AM, Srinivas . wrote:

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 3:44 PM
 To: Srinivas .; 'santosh patra'; 'discussion at sipforum.org'
 Subject: RE: [SIPForum-discussion] Issue in Initiation/Termination of callwithDe-Registered User

Now A is not registered means A has no contact header filed. 
[Srinivas]  It is nothing to do with registration and contact. Suppose if there is a direct call between end points A and B (no server in between).
               When INVITE is sent out from user A, it carries CONATCT field.

Suppose session is going between A & B. if  B wants to  send BYE request to A means it has to send that 

BYE request to A’s contact field. But as A is not registered it has not any   CONTACT headerfield associated . So in thji case to which address B  has to send BYE 
[Srinivas] User B has request URI information (i.e address of User A). It sends BYE to that address. 

Hope I am correct.

Plz answer                                                                    

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:59 PM
 To: William Prusty ; 'santosh patra'; 'discussion at sipforum.org'
 Subject: RE: [SIPForum-discussion] Issue in Initiation/Termination of callwithDe-Registered User

I am not very clear about your question.
Still, if B wants to send BYE, it will process in the same way as INVITE.

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:15 PM
 To: santosh patra; Srinivas .; discussion at sipforum.org

Suppose session is going between A & B. if  b wants to send BYE to A in which address it will send BYE( bcz  A don’t possess any CONTACT header field  as it has been deregistered)

Plz answer

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of santosh patra
 Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 1:28 PM
 To: Srinivas .; discussion at sipforum.org
 Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Issue in Initiation/Termination of callwithDe-Registered User

Thanks for your comments..

How about charging/billing will work in this scenario and who will be charged and how?
 In this case can it be possible to terminate the call from Registered user to Un-registered User, If Yes then How?

Santosh
 ----- Original Message ----
 To: santosh patra <skp10_9559 at yahoo.co.in>; discussion at sipforum.org
 Sent: Wednesday, 2 May, 2007 12:05:16 PM
 Subject: RE: [SIPForum-discussion] Issue in Initiation/Termination of call withDe-Registered User
 Santhosh my comments inline.

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of santosh patra
 Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 8:08 PM
 To: discussion at sipforum.org
 Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] Issue in Initiation/Termination of call withDe-Registered User

Hello All

I am facing problem in the following scenario...So the Scenario is,

User A and B has registered in SIP server and expire header is 4 hour i.e. 14,600 seconds.
 User A has been deregistered with Expiry:0.

case1:De-registered User A is trying to initiate a call to registered User B and the call is getting success means User B is getting the call and Media path has also been estabilshing, Is the call should sucessful? If yes, then how?
[Srinivas] Call should go because in SIP registration is used for routing incoming SIP requests (INVITE or other request messages coming to user A).
               It has no role in authorizing outgoing request (INVITE or other request messages going to user B).

but in Case2: when User B is trying to call De-registered user A then call is not successful and getting 4xx error response. 
[Srinivas] Call should fail, for the incoming call proxy authorizes the incoming call. As the user A is deregistered call will fail.

Here I am getting confused that when User A has deregistered from Registrar then there is no information of User A in Registrar and How User A is able to initiate a call with out registration?
[Srinivas] Proxy will take care of call setup not registrar.  If your invite carries information of User B

But RFC-3261 doesn't talk about initiation and Termination of call after deregistering the user.
[Srinivas] Search for key word “no role in authorizing” in section 4 of RFC 3261.

If any RFC/standard says about such scenarios then please let me know.

Please help me on this Scenario.

Thanks in Advance
 Santosh

Check out what you're missing if you're not on Yahoo! Messenger 

============================================================================================================================

Disclaimer:

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and  confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may  review at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally  and http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html  internally within Tech Mahindra.

============================================================================================================================

Check out what you're missing if you're not on Yahoo! Messenger 

Disclaimer:

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally and http://tim.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html internally within Tech Mahindra.

Send a FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger. Get it now at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20070503/b09a53e8/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list