[SIPForum-discussion] What results are reasonable? (SIPp/Asterisk)

Huntley, Larry J larry.j.huntley at intel.com
Wed May 2 23:26:32 UTC 2007

Using SIPp vs. Asterisk with a scenario like the one shown below,
what sort of calls/sec rates can one expect to achieve?  Order of
magnitude numbers are fine - 10 cps, 100 cps, 1000 cps?

       SIPp                          Asterisk
      Client                           Proxy
         |                               |
         |            INVITE             |
         |------------------------------>|
         |       407 Auth Req'd          |
         |<------------------------------|
         |             ACK               |
         |------------------------------>|
         |            INVITE             |
         |------------------------------>|
         |        100 Trying             |
         |<------------------------------|
         |        180 Ringing            |
         |<------------------------------|
         |           200 OK              |
         |<------------------------------|
         |             ACK               |
         |------------------------------>|
         |           Payload             |
         |<------------------------------|
         |        (5 ms pause)           |
         |             BYE               |
         |------------------------------>|
         |           200 OK              |

I've gotten 40+ cps with no failed calls, but can't seem to get
much beyond that - and don't really know if I should expect to.

Thanks very much,

- L
Larry Huntley            Modular Communications Platform Engineering
IPO Validation                                  Intel, Beaverton, OR
larry.j.huntley at intel.com                             (503) 677-4667