[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Help

Mohan P pmohan at TechMahindra.com
Tue May 29 07:58:23 UTC 2007

Consider the conference example, the Request-URI will be the conference
server URI and the To header contains the original recipient of your
chat messages. Here the To header is used by the conference server to
send the chat message.

Regards,
Mohan.
-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org
[mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of
alexzhang at gdnt.com.cn
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:54 PM
To: deepanshu at huawei.com
Cc: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] SIP Help

In the UAC, if the user specify the logical recipient of the invite
message, then the Request-URI is set as the same at most time. The
question is if the To header contains a user self-specified logical
name, who will be responsible for the translation from the logical name
to the routable address in the Request-URI? And if a proxy receives
initial invite message, can we say the To Header is useless because only
the Request-URI is used for routing during the tandem message routing.

Any comments are welcome!

Thanks,
ALEX