[SIPForum-discussion] R-Factor type equation to evaluate VOIP quality from Wireshark RTP stats

Adam Harding adam.harding2 at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 26 22:01:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am interested in any free algorithms that can be used to give a value for the voice quality in a VOIP call based on basic statistics such as delay, packet loss and jitter.

I asked this question a few days and got a really useful document recommended to me which helps me understand how the R-Factor works but I can not get hold of the ITU-G values and my RTP results from Wireshark are probably to basic to calculate the R-Factor.

So just wondering if there is some sort of basic algorithm that I can enter my results from the Wireshark RTP stats and get some sort of value of voice quality that I can use to compare my results with each other.

Thanks,

Adam Harding