[SIPForum-discussion] simultaneous INVITEs

Niklas Fondberg niklas.fondberg at tilgin.com
Mon Mar 26 19:30:24 UTC 2007

Hi,
I new to this list but I hope that the list is what I'm after; an
implementation and design discussion list about SIP.
If my question is wrongly addressed, please forgive me and please point
me the right direction...

My question that I have searched all over for an answer to is quite
simple:

What is the correct behavior for a UA if a second INVITE arrives before
the first has been answered?

SIP Flow:

<------------- 100 Trying (1)
<------------- 180 Ringing (1)
... ???

Here the first (1) INVITE could have been answered by some other UA that
the INVITE might have been forked to and in this case session (2) should
start ringing.

Niklas Fondberg