[SIPForum-discussion] Confused with RTP analysis function in Ethereal, please help!

aditi g pallavim35 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 05:10:07 UTC 2007

Hi
Jitter measurement in wireshark shows the effect that causes bad voice
quality due to the variation in packet arrivals at the recieving
end.Acceptable jitter values are upto 40 ms ,if jitter exceeds 40 ms then
poor voice quality can be apprended.

Also delta is time interval between 2 packets which is apprx 20 ms.
If you sort packets in "RTP Analysis: window by Seq no ,you will be able to
see packetization interval
of appx 20 ms which is Delta in this case.

Thanks
Pallavi