[SIPForum-discussion] List of registered user on SIP server

Halit Sakca sakcahalit at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 21:13:09 UTC 2007

hi Pavan,
In my opinion,
1.) Best way to know how many users are online is querying the database,
2.) On the other side you can use specific debugging tools that can debug the stack(or SIP application server), as far as I know it can turn the number of registered users or call numbers.
 But of course I dont know that your application stack has this tool, program etc...
hopefully, answer was useful :)

Halit,

From: pavan.jain at ingenient.comTo: francesco.landolfo at gmail.comDate: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:03:49 -0400CC: discussion at sipforum.orgSubject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] List of registered user on SIP server

Our product needs to know how many users are online (registered) just like we have in IM chat sessions. For that I was wondering my SIP stack can send a Query message from stack to Server, and get a list of registered users.

From: Francesco Paolo Landolfo [mailto:francesco.landolfo at gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:24 AMTo: Pavan JainCc: wellya; discussion at sipforum.orgSubject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] List of registered user on SIP server

I think no. Why would you try this message? In what scenario would you use it?