[SIPForum-discussion] Termination of Server Transactions

lun Tong luntong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:30:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a question about the server transaction in a stateful proxy.

According to the protocol in Section 17, server transaction state
machine is generated when a request is received. But in the state
machine, say the Non-Invite server transaction, only the state
"Completed" has a timer J. The state machine will not be able to jump
out of "Trying" or "Proceeding" unless it receives a response from TU.
 Logically, the response from TU should be the response from the
request's next hop. If there is any problem and the proxy does not get
response, the server transaction will not be terminated.

(For client transaction, there is the Timer C to terminate the
transaction if no response is received. Are there any other timers? )

I must missed something in the protocol. Can some one give me any suggestion?

Thanks a lot!
Lun