[SIPForum-discussion] URL and URI,what's the difference;

vivek krishna vivekkrishna_s at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 09:12:52 UTC 2007

Hello Wangran,
           The CALL ID which is generated by the
client when it creates a transaction and the value
cannot be controlled by a  server.In real world there
will be many requests to server and there is a chance
that two CALL ID's from different clients can be same
as also the case with Request URI.

So that is the reason that we have a combination of
CALLID+from tag+TO tag. As to TAG will eb created by
the server it will be unique and thus you can uniquely
identify a session with a combination of these
parameters.

Regards,
vivek krishna