[SIPForum-discussion] orig and term

vivek krishna vivekkrishna_s at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 09:03:12 UTC 2007

Hello Prabhu,
              Are you talking about the orig and term
parameters in IMS.If yes, then i think these are the
answers below

Orig and term parameters are used to identify the
originating and terminating sessions.These will be
used by the SCSCF infact to find out the type of
session(this has significance that for a orig session
SCSCF has to check the IFC of originating user and do
actions related to a orig session--i.e route to a
tICSCF in the destination users realm, and for a term
session the check the IFC called user, route to the
proxy  via which the user was registered etc).

But I have not heard of a term parameter used in IMS.
Hope I have answered your question.

Regards,
vivek krishna
--- Prabhu Padayachi <ppadayachi at techmahindra.com>