[SIPForum-discussion] Can we communicate with two smartphone usingSIP without using SIP Proxy

Victor Tsoukanov vtsoukanov at jnetx.ru
Fri Jun 22 06:14:01 UTC 2007

I am not sure, but I think there is a misunderstanding of role of SIP proxy. The main purpose of SIP proxy is a call monitoring, I mean, for example, address resolution of calling party or charging or something else. But if you need communcate with other party and you have a direct access why not ? You can send INVITE then send BYE in any time