[SIPForum-discussion] »

Onur Cinar onur.cinar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:32:56 UTC 2007

Hi Priyank,

The expire field indicates how long would you like to remain registered in
the server.  In your case, 3600 means that the server will keep you
registered for 3600 seconds. As soon as this 3600 seconds expires, server
will mark you as unregistered.
If your application would like to stay registered, you need to send an
other SIP REGISTER
message to the server.  If you take a look at the SIP flow, you will also
see an other Expire header field in the 200 OK response coming from the
server to your SIP REGISTER request. That value can be lower that the one
you requested within your REGISTER message, so while developing your
application make sure to use the value of Expire in the 200 OK instead of
the one you sent within the REGISTER message.

For more information, please take a look at RFC 3261, section 10.2.1.1.

Best regards,

-onur

---
Visit Nuvoiz.com for our SoftPhone solutions!
A. Onur Cinar - Istanbul Office Manager
www.nuvoiz.com