[SIPForum-discussion] [Osip] Problem with outbound proxy server with eXosip.

Justin Yap justinyap at greenpacket.com
Wed Jun 13 10:38:24 UTC 2007

Hi all, I have use this "Route" header in the
eXosip_call_build_initial_invite function and the INVITE sip packet can be
route correctly from UA1 to UA2 through a SIP proxy server.

Private IP
Public IP

UA1 -------------------------------- SIP Proxy Server
---------------------------------------- UA2

192.168.100.10       192.168.100.1     192.168.1.1
192.168.1.10

Next, UA2 could send all the status 100, 101, 180 back to UA1 without any
problem. When UA2 answers the phone, 200 OK is sent successfully to UA1.

The problem starts when I tried to reply the status ACK back to UA2. The SIP
packet for ACK points to the wrong destination, 192.168.1.10 instead of
192.168.100.1.

Any idea how does osip_message_set_record_route and whether I have to make
use of this function? Is there other things I could have missed out?

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Justin