[SIPForum-discussion] A question on SIP Registration Interval

Onur Cinar onur.cinar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 08:24:54 UTC 2007

Hi Andrew,

Yes, that is the case, your UA should obey the registrar's decision. Based
on your example, the registrar will keep your registration for 30 seconds,
and then it will clean it from its database. So for example, if your UA
receives an INVITE at 45 seconds then the calling party will get a 404
although your UA is still running. So you should register in every 30
seconds instead of 60.

Based on my experience, in your UA, make sure to register a little earlier
than 30 seconds. I'm mostly registering 5-10 seconds earlier to make sure
that my registration won't expire due to some unexpected application
side/network delays.

Best regards,

-onur

--
Visit Nuvoiz.com for our SoftPhone Soltutions
A. Onur Cinar - Senior Software Engineer