[SIPForum-discussion] 答复: (瑞星提示-此邮件可能是垃圾邮件)[SIPForum-discussion] Clarification on Processing Register Requests

Donald Lee lidongyun at pku.org.cn
Mon Jun 4 12:57:29 UTC 2007

Hi all,

The blue items are my thinkings.

Here are things I'll like to clarify with:

   1. Why does the registrar decrement the requested expiration (x-1),

      is this a standard practice for processing register requests?

Ans: I never see such things:-). But I also have nothing to say it wrong.

   2. I'll like confirmation that the CPE is doing the right thing by

      accepting the registrar expiration timing.

     Ans: I don’t think so, if the response of the REGISTER is 200 OK,
don’t change the expires value.

   3. Is there any reason that Cisco/Linksys doesn't go with the

      registrar expiration timing in 200 OK?

Ans: The Cisco/Linksys doesn’t get the expires from the 200 OK, because the
response of the REGISTER is 200 OK, no need to change the current expires
value.

   4. Should the CPE allow itself to sent register expires = 0?

   Ans: Of course yes. The expires=0 means de-Register.

   5. The CPE is configured to re-register every 60secs, should it

      refreshes it's binding every 60secs or accept registrar expiration

      timing?

   Ans: I think RFC3261-10.2.4 Refreshing Bindings section gives the answer.