[SIPForum-discussion] [Sip-implementors] ptime/Maxptime supportin SDP

Srinivas . nsrinivas at TechMahindra.com
Fri Jun 1 05:12:25 UTC 2007

As per RFC 3264, the offerer should place codecs in the order of
preference in "m" line.

v=0

o=carol 28908764872 28908764872 IN IP4 100.3.6.6

s=-

t=0 0

c=IN IP4 192.0.2.4

m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 0 1 3

a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000

a=rtpmap:1 1016/8000

a=rtpmap:3 GSM/8000

m=video 0 RTP/AVP 31 34

a=rtpmap:31 H261/90000

a=rtpmap:34 H263/90000

In the above media attribute line codec 0 has high priority then follows
1 and 3.

It is answerer to negotiate based on this preference.

Cheers