[SIPForum-discussion] Remote-Party-ID?

Abhishek Mishra abhishek.mishra at globallogic.com
Mon Jul 30 05:58:04 UTC 2007

Hi Andrew,

The 'Remote-Party-ID' header is used in very similar manner to the
'P-Asserted-Identity' header. It contains the sip/sips uri which reveals
the indentity of the user initiating the request and a 'privacy' tag.

In case of RFC 3325, there is a seperate header called 'Privacy' and if
privacy is requested then its value would be equal to 'id'. Similary in
case of 'Remote-Party-ID' header, you would use a tag named 'privacy'
and the valid values are 'full' and 'off' which are equivalent to
Privacy header values 'id' and 'none'.

Example:
Remote-Party-ID:
<sip:+17175150091 at 209.244.63.22>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=full

Thanks,
-Abhishek