[SIPForum-discussion] SIP servers scalability and redundancy

Manpreet Singh msingh at ibasis.net
Fri Jan 26 02:04:28 UTC 2007

Commercial load balancers would be good solution but they need to be little
bit protocol savvy and keep some call state to forward SIP messages to the
right proxy/app servers behind it. I would say any layer 2 load balancer
which can either keep some call cache to mantain a flow or talk to an
external database that is keeping real time call state, will be able to give
good redundancy/load share. I know radware does something where is does
layer 2 load share and also keeps some state based on call-ID.

ofcourse, one would need stateful failover on the proxies itself in case
them failing.

  _____