[SIPForum-discussion] SIP-B documentation

Jay Batson jay.batson at sipforum.org
Tue Jan 16 18:34:56 UTC 2007

You're certainly not off-topic.  In fact, it's kind of on-topic.

Sylantro's SIP-B specification was very similar in many ways to the
IETF sipping-service-examples draft (see http://tools.ietf.org/wg/
sipping/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples/ ), but attempted to
embrace a slightly larger feature set -- 18 items compared to service-
examples (then) 12.

Part of the motivation for SIP-B was that sipping-service-examples,
while the draft was renewed every 6 months or so, didn't seem to be
changing much, and implementations were few and far between.  It
didn't seem like the draft was on track for action in the IETF.

Recently, that situation has changed, and service-examples is much
more on-the-rails, and has (slightly) expanded it feature set to get
more near the same number of items as SIP-B proposed.  So with
regards to pure call-flows, I'd suggest you look at that.  As a
result, I think it's safe to ignore SIP-B in favor of sipping-service-
examples.

However, the Forum Board still is looking to get the SIP Forum
Technical Working Group's SIP Phone Task Group to create a
recommendation (real soon now) dealing with larger issues than simply
call-flows, e.g. profiles for various levels of handsets, non-IETF-
related things that should be considered, etc.

We hope to kick off that effort with some new activity in the next
month or so.  Feel free to get involved - subscribe to the techwg
mailing list to participate (see http://sipforum.org/mailman/listinfo/
techwg ).

Cheers
-jb

> Sorry if I am off-topic here with my request:
>
> I am trying to get hands on what is called
> the SIP-B (SIP for Business) specfication.
>
> There was an IETF draft around, but is no longer
> available as it is expired. I could not find any
> replacement docs on this draft.
>
> Sylantro Inc. who initiated the respective
> discussion, keeps ignoring any requests
> for the documentation (they do not reply
> to any emails - neither positive nor negative).
>
> Can anyone help me to get the SIP-B specs.
> /Call Flow Descriptions?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andreas Brodmann

Jay Batson