[SIPForum-discussion] how often are RTP packets sent out?

Adam Harding adam.harding2 at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 13 18:26:58 UTC 2007

Hi again,

I mean the end to end delay of an rtp packet from a sending to recieving device.

Can I tell this from ethereal? As ethereal just does delay between 2 packets. I have read about using RTCP packets for this but to not fulling understand.

How can I tell how often the continous stream of RTP packets are being sent out? Can I take results with no audio that will still give a good idea of delay/jitter etc?