[SIPForum-discussion] SIP server and UA to be integrated with a PHP based web application

Luciane Araujo lulu.araujo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:28:04 UTC 2007

Hi everybody...

I'm working with a distance learning system and we would like to use SIP to
IM, audio and video conferencing, desktop sharing, and witheboard.

I've been studying the protocol and trying to evaluate SIP server
implementations to chose one... So far I'm thinking about going with
Asterisk, but no really sure about it. The system is a PHP based web
application and we use PostgreSQL for the DBMS. Besides that I've been
looking open source sip user agents for the system... Still a bit lost, but
catching up with SIP... *smile*

If anyone has a sugestion, source of information, recomendations... I'm
lisening (reading acctually).

Thank you,

--
Lu Araujo

"It is good to dream, but it is better to dream and work. Faith is mighty,
but action with faith is mightier. Desiring is helpful, but work and desire
are invincible." -- Thomas Robert Gaines