[SIPForum-discussion] Stateless Proxy and TCP transport

Victor Tsoukanov vtsoukanov at jnetx.ru
Wed Feb 7 08:20:29 UTC 2007

When stateless proxy forwards request with TCP it should open new client
connection and send message. In accordance with RFC 3261 "....For reliable
transports, the response is normally sent on the connection on which the
request was received. Therefore, the client transport MUST be prepared to
receive the response on the same connection used to send the request."  As I
understand it means that request and following resnpose/resnposes can be
send on the same connection. Again from RFC 3261 ".... a SIP transaction
consists of a single request and any responses to that request, which
include zero or more provisional responses and one or more final responses."
>From this point I am able to conclude that the client connection should be
opend during SIP transaction. If "... A stateless proxy does not have any
notion of a transaction" how can I provide such behavior ?

Victor Tsoukanov