[SIPForum-discussion] Via field

Niketa Pal pal.niketa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 11:26:31 UTC 2007

Hi All,
I guess Kiran is talking about the port value in Via header and Tarun is
asking about rport parameter in Via field.
The address/Uri contained in Via header indicates IP and port value which is
used to send response.
While rport is a parameter which is used in case UA is behind NAT. There are
many types of NAT - symmetric, asymmetric, etc.

Regards,

Niketa