[SIPForum-discussion] is there a Timer for 200 OK?

Herve Jourdain herve.jourdain at mstarsemi.com
Mon Dec 10 06:50:54 UTC 2007

Hi,

I think you mean a timer when UAS sent a 200 OK response, and waiting for
ACK from UAC, is that right?

If it¡¯s so, as far as I know, there is no such timer at the State Machine
level.

One of the reasons is that the ACK will have a different via branch, and
hence will not be matched to the previous transaction (it¡¯s not the case
for other ¡°error¡± responses, which are dealt with by the State Machine).

Nevertheless, RFC 3261 states (13.3.1.4, p.85), that the 2xx response should
be periodically passed by the UAS core to the transport ¨C and not using the
state machine ¨C until the ACK arrives.

The retransmission interval starts at T1, and doubles until it reaches T2
(basically like non-invite transactions).

At the implementation level, though, you could consider ¡°tricking¡± the
state machine to do the retransmission, provided you have a way when
receiving the ACK to link it with this state machine, and remove it. It
really depends on your implementation there.

Regards,

Herv¨¦

  _____