[SIPForum-discussion] Difference in DTMF payloads

Javier Dejo javierd at zyxel.com
Thu Dec 6 19:20:59 UTC 2007

I will take a look to it, but then a new question: Is it backwards compatible with RFC2833? Does a device that supports RFC4733 has to support 2833 for backwards compatibility, as a separated thing?

Javier E. Dejo

	Hi all,

	I’m a newbie to this list, and to SIP, and I have a question: What is the difference between DTMF event payload 100 and 101?

	Are them both RFC2833?

I don't have an answer to your question, but I would point out that RFC 2833 has been made obsolete by RFC 4733:

  http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4733.txt

So that should be the reference used when looking at this way of doing DTMF over SIP. (i.e.  RFC 2833 should no longer be used)

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     dyork at voxeo.com
Phone: +1-407-455-5859  Skype: danyork  http://www.voxeo.com
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com  http://www.disruptivetelephony.com

Bring your web applications to the phone.
Find out how at http://evolution.voxeo.com