[SIPForum-discussion] reliable 1xx

Himani Manglani himani.varandani at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 16:35:21 UTC 2007

Prack is a reliablility mechanisum for provisional msgs(except 100 trying).
It works for 101-199 messsgaes. Its not just to secure SDP but also to stop
retransmission and ensure the msg delivery. Specially its important for
UAS  when INVITE transaction is taking time for sending response. In this
case UAS needs to either send provisional responses frequently or it
can send reliable provisional responses for extension of INVITE transaction

Himani