[SIPForum-discussion] Does any one knows, about Switchvox PBX to enable Caller ID for india..pl s help

Donald Lee baolovebao at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 02:00:10 UTC 2007

agree with James. Caller ID is country dependency.The PBX should generate
the correct data flow according to INDIAN CID spec and send it to your
phone. some countries spec:
1. Brazil: reverse + DTMF signal + ring tone
2. BT    : reverse + FSK signal + ring tone
3. China or HONGKONG : initial tone + FSK signal + ring tone
The call id is included in DTMF/FSK signals. The phones will diplay the
corresponding CID if they received these data flow.

I think the best way is to ask switchvox for help. No man can know it more
than the original.

On 8/25/07, James Shi <futureway at gmail.com> wrote:

> Callerid got different standards in different country. NA using Bellcore
> (DTMF/FSK).
>
> check your IP-PBX settings.
>
> On 8/24/07, Goyal Ashish < ashish0goyal0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > yes william
> > I have caller id on analog line
> > we have tested by Analog instruments.
> > But in india i am not to get Caller ID at IP-PBX.
> >

> > On 8/23/07, William Flanagan <flanagan at flanagan-consulting.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > In the US, "called ID" is available only on special trunks.  Do you
> > > have this service on your analog line?
> > >
> > > WF
> > >
> > > Goyal Ashish wrote:
> > >
> > >   Dear,
> > > I have switchvox soho demo version.
> > > This PBX is not able to sense Called ID.
> > > Let me know if there is some special setting for INDIA Analog lines.
> > > Thanks & Regards
> > > Ashish Goyal
> > > Bangalore (INDIA)
> > >
> > > +91-9886140112
> > > ashish0goyal0 at gmail.com

> > > --
> > >   [image: Flanagan Consulting]  In Converged Networking
> > >  We Have the Experience
> > > ------------------------------
> > > 45472 Holiday Dr. #3, Sterling, VA 20166 USA
> > > Ph:  +1.703.242.8381    Fx:  +1.703.242.8391
> > > www.flanagan-consulting.com
> > >
> > > Flanagan Consulting is a Service Mark of W. A. Flanagan, Inc.
> > >

> > > "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."
> > >                                        --George Bernard Shaw

> --
> The Future of Wireless World is 4G.

BR