[SIPForum-discussion] IP-PBX registration

Ashish Umrani ashish.umrani at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:11:56 UTC 2007

Chris,

I know one of the B2BUA has a seperate process of pinging the IP-PBX at
regular frequency to see that its reachable. So  it can detect the
connectivity down issue.  Now beyond this there could be issues like machine
is up but process is not running/not responding / slow in response etc. For
which I think one would need to use some SIP messaging.  I am not sure which
one can be used.

But one inherent feature in SIP is that if a call fails on one UAC at any
point, the Proxy / B2BUA takes thatr UAC out of list of registered UAC's

Does this help

Please advise
Ashish