[SIPForum-discussion] Issue in Initiation/Termination of call with De-Registered User

santosh patra skp10_9559 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 30 14:37:33 UTC 2007

Hello All

I am facing problem in the following scenario...So the Scenario is,

User A and B has registered in SIP server and expire header is 4 hour i.e. 14,600 seconds.
User A has been deregistered with Expiry:0.

case1:De-registered User A is trying to initiate a call to registered User B and the call is getting success means User B is getting the call and Media path has also been estabilshing, Is the call should sucessful? If yes, then how?

but in Case2: when User B is trying to call De-registered user A then call is not successful and getting 4xx error response.

Here I am getting confused that when User A has deregistered from Registrar then there is no information of User A in Registrar and How User A is able to initiate a call with out registration?

But RFC-3261 doesn't talk about initiation and Termination of call after deregistering the user.
If any RFC/standard says about such scenarios then please let me know.

Please help me on this Scenario.

Thanks in Advance
Santosh

      Send a FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger. Get it now at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/