[SIPForum-discussion] Early Media

santosh patra skp10_9559 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Apr 20 08:11:37 UTC 2007

Hello Siva

Please see my answers in line.

Regards
Santosh

----- Original Message ----
From: Siva M-Q16748 <sivam at motorola.com>
To: santosh patra <skp10_9559 at yahoo.co.in>; Robert Mansfield <RJM at Redwoodtech.com>; discussion at sipforum.org
Sent: Friday, 20 April, 2007 1:14:55 PM
Subject: RE: [SIPForum-discussion] Early Media

DIV {
MARGIN:0px;}

Hi Santosh

This is the scenario

A calls ( throgh a B2BUA AS) B

B doesnot answer

Application Server sends INVITE to Media Server Application Server sends the
SDP info he got from Media Server to A in the 183 message A gets a Music played
by media Server

[Santosh] Ok, fine...So this 183 Response has been generated by Media Server and its one announcement server or you can say playing some music, Its only one way means there is no response from UAC - "A" to this.

Now Application server forwards the call to C If C answers , A
should get the SDP info of C ( I thought it would be sent in 200 OK
)
[Santosh] This time AS sends the same invite from A to C (Enabled CFNA subscriber).....This time this invite-SDP is being offered to C and C will respond with SDP-Answer to A...Obvious that there won't be same SDP for 183 and 200 Ok.

Siva M