[SIPForum-discussion] New Sip Softphone

Onur Cinar onur.cinar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 09:40:06 UTC 2006

Hi Sven,

Since you are planing to develop it on VB. I would suggest you to take a
look at the Microsoft's Real Time Communications (RTC) Client API.

It is a complete SIP phone library with audio, IM, file transfer,
application sharing etc. Most likely within a single day you can have your
own SIP phone by using this library.

The major drawback of RTC is, it doesn't let you directly access to the SIP
layer, you have no control over the SIP messages. It becomes an important
issue when you are dealing with NAT/NAPTs, and some SIP servers, since you
can't really manipulate the SIP messaging.

But it may help you to make a quick start.

Best regards,

Onur Cinar