[SIPForum-discussion] Intercom Functionality

Randall Keels rkeels at eedinc.com
Tue Sep 5 17:48:44 UTC 2006

Greetings All,

My customer wants to be able to call a line and have it pick up so they
can speak over the hands free speaker on a group and/or individual
basis.

For example:

STEP 1) I call ext. 251 from my ext. 323

STEP 2) I hear a ring-back tone and depress the # key

STEP 3) I am now able to speak over the phones (ext. 251) loud speaker
without owner of ext. 251 actually answering the device.

Would someone help me determine how to enable any resemblance of this
function on the SipX services?

BTW: All of the customers end devices are Polycom.

Thanks all