[SIPForum-discussion] SIP question

Praveen Vadlamudi veenmudi at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 15:33:33 UTC 2006

Hello. I am a college student taking a VOIP class. For
final project of the class, I want to write a SIP
software user-agent that will interface with the lab's
cisco gateway. And show that the application can
accept an invite and play a prompt or even record the
callers voice.

  My Professor really liked the idea and suggested
that I do some research on source software available
that I could use to integrate with, as implementing
the complete SIP and RTP protocols will be out of
scope for this class.

  I am requesting your guidance in what software user
agents are available for me to use in Java. Performing
more research and found SIPCommunicator but this seems
to be written for a GUI user agent.

   I really appreciate any help.

Thanks
Veen