[SIPForum-discussion] [Sip-implementors] Putting Record route in the responses

hemanth kumar cyhk007 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 05:22:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

  As sanjay had mentioned, Record-Route is used for subsequent requests which needs to traverse through the proxies. But the responses that are generated as part of the same transaction would ignore this header and retain it in the 4xx-5xx response as it does not hold any relevance in the current transaction (Initial transaction would use Via Header for the traversal).

  -Hemanth
Manpreet Singh <msingh at ibasis.net> wrote:
      Sanjay
  Thanks for the response. I believe you were referring to Table 2 right?
  The reason I got confused was because the UAC I was testing with was a cisco 5300 which was sending the ACK to the contact address in the 503 which was the UAS instead of the proxy where it sent the initial INVITE. It seems like a bug.
  Thanks
Manpreet