[SIPForum-discussion] 100 Tring for Re-invite

Mehul Jain Mehul at ingenio.com
Fri Nov 10 20:28:26 UTC 2006

If INVITE does NOT have a To Tag then the 100 Tring SHOULD NOT have one.
If INVITE does have a To Tag : Then the 100 Trying will also have one.

17.2.1 INVITE Server Transaction
The 100 (Trying) response is constructed according to the procedures in
Section 8.2.6 <http://www.apps.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3261.html#sec-8.2.6> ,
except that the insertion of tags in the To header field of the response
(when none was present in the request) is downgraded from MAY to SHOULD
NOT.